Prerequisite: Before installing the Client you must configure port mirroring on your internal network switch, firewall, or router!
If port mirroring is set up, you are ready to download and install the AppGuru client on a server in your internal network and start discovering cloud app usage.
First, identify a Server 2008 R2 or higher machine (VM or a physical) to connect to the mirror port.
Second, download the AppGuru Client, as follows:
- Log in to your account at appguru.com.
- On the websites left navigation menu, click Download.
The AppGuru Client download page is displayed.
- Follow on-screen instructions.
Tips for completing Capture Configuration:
- On the Capture Configuration page, set up the dual Network Interface cards (one for the mirror port and one for your internal network).
This can be on a Server 2008 R2 or higher machine (VM or a physical).
- Under Service Logon, we recommend you select Custom and enter the credentials of a domain admin account holder.
- You can also choose to run this as a service account, but then you must set permissions to maintain access to files and folders.
Note: We do not store domain admin account information.
Important: If you are going to integrate with your Active Directory, you will need to enter your domain admin credentials.
- Under File Share Path, specify the location of the Capture log file that the Analyzer component will read.
If both Capture and Analyzer components are installed on the same machine, this can be a local folder.
If the components have been installed to different machines, this should be a network share in which read access is enabled.
- Under Capture Options, decide if you want to use the Capture client on Windows DNS, or use DNS logging.
- If logging, enable DNS Logging and set up a file share for the DNS to be written and stored.
Tip: For optimal performance, we recommend Capture DNS Traffic with the capture component installed on the DNS Server.