- Assign AWS users to groups
- Enable/disable users' AWS access keys
- Define a default password for new users
How to authorize an AWS user for AppGuru
Task One: Create the AWS user and get Access Key credentials
This procedure assumes you are creating a new user in AWS.
- Log in to your AWS account and click My Account/Console > AWS Management Console.
- Under Deployment & Management click IAM.
- Click Create New Users. The Create User page is displayed.
- On the Create User page, enter the user's name and select Generate an access key for user.
Tip: You can change this setting later on the Security tab under User Options.
- Click Create. The user is created.
- Click Download Credentials and save the resulting CSV file.
Important: You will need the codes in this file to authorize the user in AppGuru!
- Close the Create User page.
- Grant admin permission to the user.
- In AppGuru, click Apps > AWS.
- Add and authorize AWS.
- On the Provide access for AWS screen, enter the Access Key ID and Secret Access Key.